Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nature and Purpose

Hey everybody! I wanted this first post to outline what this new blog is going to be all about. I really just want to write freestyle more. Because of classes, I do a lot of structured and tough writing, and really, I just want to think out loud.

I figure I'll be writing a lot about the card game Magic: The Gathering. It's a game I'm really competitive about and spend a good deal of traveling to play. My first "actual" post will be a recap of GP Charlotte and describe my first BIG trip for Magic.

I'll also want to write about theology. Because I'm getting my theology masters online, I won't have anyone to converse with. Being able to think out loud is absolutely going to help my educational experience. 

Theological topics will be self explanatory. I'll be reflecting on devotions (sparingly), thoughts from classes (regularly), and random heresies that I craft in my head (near daily).

Magic topics, however, are going to be a bit more reflective in nature. I'll post about tournament results, how much I suck, how well I did, team practice recaps, deck ideas, and more. I really want to be a great competitive Magic player and being able to just reflect on here would be great.

Also, want to give a BIG shout out to friends and family for supporting me this weekend at GP Charlotte. My sister was a constant source of good wishes and I had several friends going out of their way to tweet back, send texts ("give them Hell Jordan" or "dude just take it one match at a time"). My dad for driving down there and paying for LITERALLY the whole trip. SO awesome.

I'm in full nerd mode, can't stop thinking about school and when I'm not thinking about that, I think about Magic. It's pretty nice. I am looking forward to a break from large tournaments though. I want to spend some time with the friends who made this weekend so enjoyable from so far away.

Anyway, an actual GP Charlotte recap and future of me in Magic coming up. I'll let you know!

Follow me on twitter: @imjorman for live details and things :D

No comments:

Post a Comment