Thursday, February 28, 2013

FNM Preview for 2/29/13

I figure to hold myself accountable I will do write ups for what deck I'll be playing before the FNM as well as posting what the charity of the week is.  For those of you that don't know, I typically donate 25-50% of my winnings from FNM to some charity that I select.  This week will be the Catholic Relief Fund.  I promised a friend I would give to them a couple of months ago and I actually haven't won a significant amount of money since then so I figure I owe that charity some money.

So...to the actual blog

Charity of the Week

Catholic Relief Fund.

I believe in the Catholic Church and what they do for the world.  They give so much and help so many.  This organization is exactly what I imagine when I think of giving money to a group of people.

Check them out here: http://crs.org/

Deck for 2.28.13

Going to be playing some Naya Human Aggro.  This deck is stupid, cheesy, and oh so fun.

Here's the deck:


4 Experiment One
4 Boros Charm
3 Frontline Medic
4 Boros Elite
4 Ghor-Clan Rampager
4 Burning-Tree Emissary
4 Ash Zealot
4 Flinthoof Boar
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Lightning Mauler
2 Clifftop Retreat
4 Champion of the Parish
3 Rootbound Crag
4 Stomping Ground
4 Temple Garden
4 Sacred Foundry

Sideboard
2 Fiend Hunter
2 Nearheath Pilgrim
2 Pillar of Flame
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Volcanic Strength
3 Mark of Mutiny

Obvious plan is to just overrun the board with either a turn 1 champ or experiment one and then just throw burning tree emissaries on the board and finish it with a lightning mauler.  Ugh.  The deck is so dumb.

I went 3-1 with it in a casual event while at Charlotte (see earlier blog) and I think it'll really get a rise out of FNM tomorrow.  Standard SCG OI is on Saturday and I probably will play in that.  Look for reports come Sunday or Monday!

If you want to suggest a Charity
Hit me up on twitter @imjorman and tell me what charity you'd like to see added to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment